Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Sharleeeee Daaayvies Show - Week 2

Charlie Davies came in as a second half substitute again and promptly scored twice against the reining French champions Bordeaux over the weekend. His club Sochaux eventually losing the home opener 2-3. Clearly, he's playing with a bit of confidence lately.

“For my first match at the [Stade] Bonal, I could not have expected better,” he told L’Alsace. “I scored two goals against the French champions, although I am disappointed it ended in defeat. “I have plenty of energy to give to my new club. You haven’t seen anything yet.”
Goal.com


Video! Highlights from 1.50 on:




Some good work from him in the box. He's commented how he's learning to use his body against bigger defenders and turn and shoot quickly. He does seem to have a nose for the back of the net.

Will Charlie start this weekend away to Montpellier (2 draws to open)? I sure as hell hope so.

2 comments:

  1. Way to kick some French ass Charlie! Jozy highlights coming soon. What happened to the video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - Charlie D is in the house.

    Looks like last weeks vid was taken down on YouTube so I added a different one.

    ReplyDelete